PowerSchool – Parent and Student Portal
Parents and students can access current grades and attendance with PowerSchool student information system.
Please note: Paper report cards are no longer printed.
All parents are urged to sign up for PowerSchool accounts as soon as possible. Students can log in using their existing school network login information.
Parent accounts carry over from year to year and from feeder schools within Black Gold to high school. If you require assistance setting up your PowerSchool access or if you have any questions, please call 780.986.2248 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: when setting up your User ID, do not use an e-mail address. We suggest the following format for User ID: firstname.lastname (e.g. joan.smith)
For instructions on how to navigate around the PowerSchool website, please follow the instructions below.
Create a Parent Account
A parent account allows you to view the information for one or more students with a single sign in. You can also manage your personal account preferences.
To create a parent account:
1. Open your Web browser to your PowerSchool Student & Parent portal URL with the link above.
2. Click the Create Account tab. The Create Account page appears.
3. Click Create Account. The Create Parent Account page appears
4. Fill in the appropriate fields below:
- Name – Your first and last name
- Email – Student notifications and correspondence related to your parent account will be sent to this email
- Desired Username – Your username is your unique PowerSchool identity
- Password – Your password must be at least 6 characters long then re-enter Password
- Student Access Information – Information for a minimum of one student, including the student name, Access ID (contact LCHS), Access Password (contact LCHS), and your relationship to the student
- Then press Enter. You will then be able to view the information on your student/child.
5. If you are not actively working in the PowerSchool Student & Parent portal, your session may time out. If so, then you need to sign in again.